"I knew this one woman who got promoted over me and she was totally incompetent. She got the job because she was a woman."
Gee, as a woman I have no idea what it feels like when someone who is totally incompetent gets a job you want just because of their genitals. I’m so glad there’s a cultural system in place to makes sure that systematically happens to everyone but your demographic, so that when it does happen to you once in a blue moon it gives you something to bitch about for the rest of your life.
- Me: So what are they doing with the TV series now, though?
- Me: Join us next week for Marvel's Agents Of Nothing!
- Chae: Phil & Friends!
Megan came into the room to ask if I was going to eat anything as I posted that
and pointed out that I’ve eaten nothing but yogurt and citrus lumps for like three days now
now I am being handed food
Megan best sister 1984-2014-beyond
I made him add the “beyond” so it didn’t look like he was being fed by a ghost.
Who are you
Whats your favorite color
Favorite ice cream flavor
Do you have a cat
reblogging again bc I already got some from really cute people, but it makes me unreasonably happy to read these from you SO KEEP ON SENDING THEM
- Me: Hey internet, how long can I leave my cats for on vacation? I have someone checking in on them, but they can go like, a couple days at time, right?
- Internet: I would never leave my precious precious babies how dare you even think about it.
- Me: Yeah okay but
- Internet: It's basically like murdering them to leave them alone for more than seven hours at a time. If left unattended for even a moment they can swallow normal household objects like a sponge or an ottoman or the entire stove and die a prolonged, gruesome death where their last moments are focused with a laser-like precision on how you, their beloved owner, didn't give two shits about them.
- Me: I don't think that's
- Internet: Good pet owners never leave home.
- Me: Okay, that's enough.
- Internet: Find new owners for your cats who will love and cherish them and feed them raw meat directly from their mouths and then kill yourself.
- Me: Good talk, internet.
and his response—among other sarcastic commentary—was, “Why don’t you join a union so you don’t have to walk around like a security guard telling people to do things?”
This is literally the first time a disgruntled patron has suggested I join a union, and firsts are always fresh and fun and would have merited a post just for that reason. But I also wanted to ask any unionized librarians following me: do you ever have to walk around and tell people to do (or not to do) things?
It is apparently barefoot bibliophiles day today.